Blog

You are here

18
Jul

Medieval Manuscripts in the National Museum Library

The digitisation of the collections in the National Museum Library has continued in 2016 with four manuscripts from the 14th century. The oldest of them (XV A 2) comes from its first third; in the Middle Ages, it was a part of the library of the Cistercian monastery in Zlatá Koruna, where it is likely to have been written. The remaining three illuminated codices were written in the second half of the 14th century; they belonged to the convent of Augustinian Canons in Roudnice nad Labem. All the manuscripts contain theological and homiletic texts.

18
Jul

Sheet Music from the National Library of the Czech Republic

The set of digitised sheet music from the collections of the Music Department of the National Library of the Czech Republic has been augmented by another 57 shelf marks. The oldest manuscript digitised is a Dominican collection of texts for the Office, hymns and a part of the proper of the Mass for selected feast days of the liturgical year from the end of the 15th century. A large part of later items is represented by works by Jan Nepomuk Kaňka, partly preserved in an autograph. Other authors represented include e.g. F. X. Brixi, V. Maschek and B. D. Weber.

18
Jul

Collections of hymns and prayers in the Moravian Land Museum

In 2016, six partly notated manuscripts from the collections of the Ethnographic Institute of the Moravian Museum have been digitised. The oldest of them is the Hymnal of Martin Bursík from 1736–1737 written in Kuželov (the Hodonín district); the others are of Czech and Moravian origin and come from the 19th century. In terms of content, these are collections of hymns and prayers for various occasions.

15
Jun

Digitised Documents of the North Bohemian Museum in Liberec

In 2016, the North Bohemian Museum in Liberec has digitised five shelf marks. Besides a collection of engravings, these comprise the history of the town of Liberec written by Karl Felgenhauer, a parish priest in Křižany, at the beginning of the 19th century, and an inventory of the church of St Lawrence in Chrastava from 1729 and 1737. The last two sets of loose sheets contain the tracing of the decorated parts of blind-stamped bindings, a result of the collecting activities of a significant scholar, Bohumil Nuska.

 

Pages