The National Library has recently provided access to 19 codices from between the 14th century and the beginning of the 16th century. Most of them are placed under the shelf mark XVII and thus contain texts in Czech. The manuscripts include i.a. probably the oldest extant version of the collection Ráj duše (/The Paradise of the Soul / from 1383, XVII A 19; the same text has also been preserved in the codex XVII D 32 from the turn of the 15th century), several volumes containing a Czech version of Lives of the Holy Fathers (XVII C 16, XVII C 17, XVII C 28) and Czech translations of Historia scholastica, the narrative Biblical history by Peter Comestor (XVII D 18), and of the moral-educational work Quadripartitus apologeticus (XVII E 12, in Czech Čtverohranáč). A unique notation of the song Našě sestra Jana [Our Site Jane] forms part of the collection of poems and other texts XIV G 45; several of the newly digitised codices are written in German (shelf mark XVI and a collection of theological texts from the Prague Lobkowicz Library XXIII D 178).
The National Library of Medicine in Prague digitised four volumes of medical and veterinary printed books in 2016. They all come from the last quarter of the 18th century and were mostly printed in Vienna, some also in Bratislava and Lübeck. The binder’s volume of individual parts of the work Anfangsgründe der chirurgischen Vorbereitungswissenschaften für angehende Wundärzte (F 184) by J. J. von Plenck is also interesting for its ownership marks.
The Museum of the Brno Region provided access to another five medieval manuscripts from the library of the Benedictine monastery in Rajhrad in 2016. The earliest of them is the collection of sermons from the first half of the 14th century (R 424). Sermonic literature is also represented by codex R 370 with texts of Johannes Hieronymus (Silvanus) of Prague. The main part of another two manuscripts is formed by the Vocabularius Ex quo (a Latin-German dictionary); its inscription in the manuscript R 391 states the year 1447, R 586 comes from 1481. Codex R 392 with moral-educational writings originated in 1417.
With one later exception, the digitised manuscripts from the collections of the Military History Institute come from the 17th–19th centuries and contain mainly various treatises on fortification construction and military unit training, but also notes on military events (in particular the Austrian–Prussian War of 1866, shelf marks IIR C 16172, IIR C 16486 and IIR G 431, as well as the Seven Years’ War, shelf mark IIR F 355) and a military dictionary. The treatment of the history of the second battalion of Austrian field hunters in 1808–1863 by Anton Mudroch (IIR F 527) is exceptional for its size.
In 2016, the National Library of Technology digitised five early printed books and one binder’s volume of them. The works were printed in the 16th–18th centuries mostly in present-day Germany, but also in Poland, Russia and France. Individual volumes contain treatises on mathematics, geometry and natural sciences, partly also applied in practice (shipbuilding, a collection presenting diverse devices and inventions).
The first part of the digitised manuscripts from the National Library of the CR comprises a total of 27 shelf marks coming both from its historical collections and from later acquisitions (i.a. the Thun Library in Děčín and the Prague Lobkowicz Library). These are codices from between the 13th century and the beginning of the 16th century, containing theological as well as preaching, moral-educational, liturgical, astronomical, medical, rhetorical and other texts. Most of them were written in German (shelf mark XVI) and Czech (shelf mark XVII), including e.g. the earliest extant copy of the work Život Krista Pána [The Life of Christ] (XVII A 9), the text O obnovení církve svaté [The Restoration of the Holy Church] (XVII E 31) by Luke of Prague, and translations by Řehoř Hrubý of Jelení (XVII C 19, XVII E 33).
The State Regional Archives Litoměřice – State District Archives have provided access to an extensive collection of Bukovina Annals, which were written by Vilém Žďárský in 1948–1965 based on earlier sources, literature and accounts. The ten volumes of the chronicle and its supplements contain abundant information on various aspects of the life in the Turnov region especially in the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century.
From the collections of the Museum of the Jindřichův Hradec Region, one manuscript, containing German recipes written in 1744–1746, and 13 early printed books were digitised in 2016. The printed books mostly come from the 18th century, namely from Jindřichův Hradec printing workshops, run by Franz Anton Schönstein and Hynek Vojtěch Hilgartner. An exception is formed by two Prague printed books, one of which was printed in the printing workshop of Jiří Melantrich of Aventinum in 1567 (Knížka potěšitedlná všechněm těhotným a rodícím manželkám /A Book to Be Enjoyed by All Pregnant Women and Those Giving Birth/, S 104) and the other, also complemented by handwritten prayers, was printed in the Old Town Jesuit printing workshop in 1738 (Manuale Tironis Christiani et Parthenii, S 327).
Three manuscripts and two binder’s volumes of printed books were digitised from the collections of the Library of the Museum of West Bohemia in Pilsen in 2016. The manuscripts are sketch-books of Marie Eleonore Windisch-Grätz, Princess of Schwarzenberg (1796–1848), the wife of Alfred I, Prince of Windisch-Grätz, from 1814–1829. The individual parts of both binder’s volumes of early printed books were printed in various Austrian and German printing houses in the first third of the 16th century; they comprise Latin and German theological works and sermons.
The digitised documents from the Slavonic Library come from the period between the 16th and 18th centuries. They include both manuscripts and printed books; apart from Old Church Slavonic, they are also written in Old Croatian. The most important works for cultural history are the Ostrog Bible, the first complete printed edition of all Bible books in Old Church Slavonic from 1581, and the first printed edition of an evangeliary in Ukraine (Lvov, 1636).